Shark Tank India Successful Deals: Find Out What Could They Teach You?
The television series Shark Tank is a very popular show in India and the United States. And for good reason – it has one of the best records for startup idea success. On Tuesday, CBNLive, a global digital media service announced that it had inked a deal to air season 11 of “Shark Tank” in India. One of the many things that makes this show so popular is its educational value. More than an entertainment show, Shark Tank is workshop-cum-reality series that’s been pivotal in teaching entrepreneurs how to not only execute ideas but also personalize them while following them up with the necessary determinations to take their businesses forward.
Today is the fifth anniversary of the show and however, you feel about the sharks it can’t be denied they are one of the most successful reality TV series on the air. From some of their famous deals, people who couldn’t even afford a candy other than lollypop picked up multiple crores by doing nothing but sitting on a chair at an entrepreneur event.
What Is Shark Tank?
In Shark Tank, entrepreneurs pitch their business ideas to a panel of potential investors, or “sharks.” If the sharks are interested in the business, they will negotiate with the entrepreneur for an equity stake in the company.
The show has been extremely successful in India, with some very successful deals happening as a result. Here are some of the most notable deals:
1. Gurpreet Singh Chandhoke and Amit Kothari’s online platform for ordering food, called HungerBox, raised Rs 16 crore from Sequoia Capital and Saama Capital.
2. Another food-tech startup, SpoonJoy, raised Rs 25 crore from Tiger Global Management.
3. HealthifyMe, wellness, and weight loss startup raised Rs 45 crore from IDG Ventures and Sequoia Capital.
4. Aara HealthCare, which provides home healthcare services, raised Rs 22 crore from Matrix Partners India and Accel Partners.
5. And last but not least, Pests Away Solutions, an eco-friendly pest control company, raised Rs 4 crore from Kshitij Jain of Indian Angel Network and HNIs RK Banga and Vikram Gupta.
How to Research Companies Before Submitting an Application to Shark Tank
There is no doubting the fact that Shark Tank is a highly competitive show. In order to be successful on the show, it is important that you are prepared and have done your research on the companies you will be pitching to the sharks. Here are a few tips on how to research companies before submitting an application to Shark Tank:
1. Use Google search – This should be your first port of call when researching a company. A simple Google search can reveal a lot about a company, including its business model, products and services, financial information, and any media coverage they have received.
2. Check out their website – A company’s website can tell you a lot about them. Take a look at their About Us page to learn more about their history, mission, and values. Their website can also give you an insight into their customer base, target market, and what type of tone they use in their marketing communications.
3. Search for news articles – A quick search on Google News or another news aggregator can give you an idea of what kind of publicity the company has been receiving lately. This can be useful in gauging the public opinion of the company and whether they are currently undergoing any major changes or challenges.
4. Look up financial information – If you’re interested in investing in a company, it’s important to look up its financial information to get an idea of its current financial situation and performance over time.
Preparation of a Submission Before Applying with Shark Tank
If you’re considering applying to Shark Tank India, there are a few things you should do in order to prepare your submission. First and foremost, research the sharks. Find out who they are, what they’re looking for, and what companies they’ve previously invested in. Next, put together a strong business plan and pitch deck. This is essential in order to make a good impression and convince the sharks to invest. Finally, practice your pitch until you feel confident delivering it.
By following these tips, you’ll be well on your way to making a successful submission to Shark Tank India. Good luck!
Things to Consider Before Submitting Your Ideas
There are a few things to keep in mind before submitting your ideas to Shark Tank India. Make sure you have a well-crafted elevator pitch, as this is often the first thing the sharks will ask for. You should also be prepared to answer questions about your business and have a solid plan in place. It’s also important to remember that the sharks are looking for businesses that have high potential and are willing to invest time and money into them. Keep all of these things in mind and you’ll be on your way to making a successful deal on Shark Tank India!
Differences in Indian Submissions
There are some big differences between Indian submissions to Shark Tank and those from the U.S. For starters, Indian entrepreneurs tend to be much younger. The average age of an Indian entrepreneur on Shark Tank is 28, while the average American entrepreneur is 34.
Another difference is that Indian entrepreneurs are often looking for smaller investments. Indian businesses tended to seek investments of Rs 5-10 lakh ($7,000-$15,000), while American businesses were seeking significantly larger investments of $200,000 or more.
One final difference is that the Indian version of Shark Tank features a panel of five investors, while the American show only has three sharks. This can make for a more heated negotiation process, as each investor tries to get the best deal for themselves.
Shark Tank India has provided a platform for some extremely successful entrepreneurs. They have achieved this by always striving to be the best and by adhering to their principles no matter what the circumstances. Here are some key takeaways from their success:
1. Passion is key – The entrepreneurs who have been successful on Shark Tank India have all been driven by a true passion for their business. This passion has allowed them to persevere through difficult times and come out stronger on the other side.
2. Be prepared – The sharks are not going to hand you a deal just because you walk in the door. You need to be prepared with a well-thought-out business plan and a solid understanding of your financials.
3. Know your worth – Don’t be afraid to stand up for yourself and ask for what you deserve. The sharks will respect you more if you show that you are confident in your business and in your ability to succeed.
4. Stay focused – Once you have landed a deal, it is important to stay focused on executing your plan and achieving your goals. Do not get sidetracked by the money or the publicity; keep your eye on the prize and don’t give up until you’ve reached it!
The Sharks in India have been a big success, with deals being made and lessons being learned. Here are some final thoughts on what we can learn from their experience:
1. Don’t be afraid to take risks.
2. Belief in your product or service.
3. Have a clear and concise pitch.
4. Be prepared for questions and objections.
5. Know your numbers inside and out.
The Shark Tank India experience was a great success for the entrepreneurs who landed deals with the Sharks. They not only walked away with funding but also with valuable advice and mentorship.
So, what can we learn from their success?
1. Have a clear and concise pitch: The entrepreneurs who were successful in getting a deal from the Sharks had a clear and concise pitch. They knew exactly what their business was about and why it was valuable. This made it easy for the Sharks to understand their business and make an informed decision about whether or not to invest.
2. Do your research: The entrepreneurs who did their research before coming on Shark Tank India had a big advantage. They knew what the Sharks were looking for and they tailored their pitches accordingly. This showed that they were serious about their businesses and that they had put in the work to make them successful.
3. Be passionate: The most successful entrepreneurs on Shark Tank India were passionate about their businesses. They believed in their products and services and it showed in their pitches. This passion is what convinced the Sharks to invest in their businesses.
4. Have a plan: The entrepreneurs who had a plan for how to use the funding from the Sharks were more likely to be successful than those who didn’t have a plan. Having a plan shows that you know how to use investment capital to grow your business and that you’re serious about making your business a success.